please login
if you dont have an account please register
or you will not be allowed to post
rcunited
please login
if you dont have an account please register
or you will not be allowed to post
rcunited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RC Forums for All Types of RC Fans

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lcpl Woody
Admin
Admin
Lcpl Woody

Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works Empty
PostSubject: Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works   Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:53 pm

Compliments of Wolfplayer

After reading a lot here on the boards, doing further research off the boards, and doing a fair amount of experimentation, I would like to present my version of a n00b primer for those just getting into Micro-T vehicles. I feel like I have learned a lot over the past several months and I feel like I need to let new, uneducated Micro T owners know what I have learned so that you can save some money and do things right.

Yes, I know that there is a sticky post that most n00bs will read. I read it too. However, it was not enough. Additionally, I ended up with stuff that I sort of wished that I did not purchase. No matter what, if you have not read the very informative post by tyhodge07, go do it right now before reading any further:

Micro T Info by tyhodge07:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now on to my thoughts …

First: Buy a Micro Desert Truck (DT). The other Micro T vehicles have a shorter wheelbase and, in my opinion, are inferior. This is not to say that you have to throw away your non-DT chassis. They are way cool! However, you will be missing out on the positives of the DT chassis (like the ability to easily install a bigger battery).

Second: Do not get wide-eyed and wishful while looking at all of the billet aluminum parts. Don’t go out and start buying these parts! Yes, they are quite pretty. However, you absolutely do not want to go out and start buying these billet aluminum parts. Here is a quick discussion on aluminum parts for the Micro T:

a) The stock chassis and suspension parts are made of plastic that flexes. This is a huge plus. It is not a bad thing. As you learn to drive your Micro T and as you make it faster, you absolutely will crash. You want your parts to flex – and not simply bend. The same force that breaks the plastic will often bend the aluminum. The difference is that the car will keep running with the aluminum parts. There are many cases where you will create bent aluminum parts where the plastic will have simply flexed and returned to its normal position.
b) You want to keep plastic parts in key locations for controlled breakage. Yes, you heard correctly. You want your Micro T to break – but break where YOU want it to break. As an example, I have kept the plastic A-Arms (suspension arms). These things are cheap – very cheap – and available in a kit with a whole bunch of other Losi parts.
c) You want to try to stay away from using aluminum parts connected to aluminum parts. Try to always keep aluminum connected to plastic. Thus, it makes no sense to go out and buy a ton of aluminum parts anyhow.
d) There is absolutely no reason to replace a perfectly good working plastic part with an aluminum part unless there is a good reason to do so. Often, you will actually hurt the performance of the Micro T. Some of the aluminum parts actually fit worse! Additionally, although aluminum is light, the plastic parts are lighter.

So at this point, we hopefully have a DT chassis vehicle along with an understanding that we should not go out and buy a bunch of aluminum parts. So, what is a good first upgrade? Well, before getting to that, I wanted to mention where I now buy most of my parts these days (if they are available there) and what manufacturer I try to use. This is stuff that I have learned over time that hopefully will also help you and save you some money.

All aluminum parts are not created equal. After testing various manufacturers’ parts, I have grown to love the brand called ‘Atomic’ as well as '3Racing'. Their parts fit dramatically better (in my opinion). I had huge slop in my front suspension when using ‘Hot Racing’ knuckles. This completely disappeared when using the Atomic parts. Furthermore, Atomic parts come pre-tapped for special machine screws that they supply in their kits. Do yourself a favor, if there is a part made by ‘Atomic’ or '3Racing', don’t cheap out and buy the other part.

With regard to where I buy my parts, if ‘The Toyz’ has the part (http://www.thetoyz.com/), I always buy it from them. Why? First, their customer service is awesome and personal. They have replaced a lower quality part with a higher quality part on a moment’s notice because their website was incorrect in terms of the stock on-hand. Second, they are super super quick (and we all know how important this is when our Micro is out of commission due to being broken!). I often buy something on their site, it is shipped the same day USPS priority, and I receive it the next day or the day after. F-ing awesome. Another vendor that I have been doing a fair amount of business with lately is A Main Hobbies (http://www.amainhobbies.com/). These guys have a great website, good customer service, and fast shipping.

I have configured some stages below according to price ranges – trying to keep it under $50. These are things that I have found to work. I have supplied further links to the Micro T forum when available. The upgrade path below is based off of NOT going brushless. If you are a n00b with RCs, you probably aren’t going to go brushless anyhow. You’ll probably just do small things here and there like I started.

Last edited by Pfc Woody on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1412430534
Lcpl Woody
Admin
Admin
Lcpl Woody

PostSubject: Re: Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works   Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Speed + Runtime Upgrade (about $55 shipped)
$50 - Losi 300mah 2S 15C LiPo battery with wall charger (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=11102).

Description: Note that this will only fit the DT chassis. It won’t fit the shorter Micro T bodies and this explains the main reason you should get a DT chassis. Yes, you can run a LiPo battery in these micros with the stock electronics. You just need to make sure it is a '2S' battery and not the '3S'.

Without a doubt, this is probably THE best upgrade for the Micro T (without going to a brushless setup). The speed of your Micro T will be dramatically different. Don’t underestimate how awesome this upgrade is. Yes, it costs more than half the price of the Micro T kit. However, the ‘wow factor’ will give you a very nice grin. Additionally, you will be able to drive your Micro T for longer amounts of time without having to charge it again. This, again, is another reason that this upgrade is so awesome. To this day, after having invested well over a couple hundred dollars into the Micro (not including the original price), this is still my favorite upgrade. Make sure you get the 300mah 2S LiPo. Losi offers 2 other LiPos; a smaller mah LiPo which has less power and a 3S LiPo made for the brushless guys.

Losi batteries are plug and play, guaranteed to work, and don't explode. However, other people have had good success using the the Aero-nuts batteries. They are fairly cheap and a good buy (http://www.aero-nuts.com/). The problem with the Aero-nuts batteries is that they don't have the appropriate connector and they can explode. You should never discharge them fully. Personally, I would never use one. However, I wouldn't be doing justice to this post unless I mentioned them (http://www.aero-nuts.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_56&products_id=592)

Discussion of Losi vs. Aero-nuts: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Suspension + Reliability Upgrade (about $35 shipped)
$32 - Atomic Grease Shocks (http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/Atomic-TL006S-Micro-T-Aluminum-Friction-Shock-Set-Silver__13267.aspx)
$7 - Driven Productions SUPER wide front bumper (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=11795)
or...
$5 - RPM Wide Front Bumper (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=9489)

Description: Without a doubt, the best thing to do to your Micro T in terms of the suspension is a good set of shocks. This is the second best modification to date that I have done for my Micro T. The difference is night and day. The best thing to do is to convert over to a grease or oil shock. The jury is still out with regard to which is better. Some swear by the grease shocks. Some swear by the oil shocks. If this were a bigger vehicle then the oil shocks would probably win hands down. However, there are problems when attempting to mass produce an oil shock of this tiny size. There seems to be less problems with the grease shocks. This is why I went with the Atomic grease shocks. They work beautifully. Just make sure you don’t pack them too much with grease. The destructions aren’t that great. You simply need to remove the shaft, put a liberal coat of the grease on the shaft, and then reassemble. Long gone are the days when you are bottoming out the rear of your Micro T. I tried various springs in order to combat this rear bottoming out (and the ‘tubing trick’). The only thing that solved it to my satisfaction was the upgraded shocks. This is a very valuable upgrade. The front bumper is a necessity. Get it sooner rather than later. The Driven Productions front bumper is the best front bumper that I have used. I have tried the various aluminum bumpers out there. However, this bumper is actually the widest one that I have found. The RPM bumper is the next best - but the driven productions one is much wider and provides more protection.

Atomic Grease vs. Atomic Oil Filled discussion:
Someone who had a good experience with the 3Racing oil shocks: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Another great option for a bumper is the TGN carbon fiber bumper. This thing is WIDE. There are some great success stories with this bumper: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Another way to stop your Micro from bottoming out: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Speed + Stability + Ease of Maintenance Upgrade (Total around $35 shipped)
$11 - 3Racing Rear CV threaded shafts (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=9178)
$7 - Threaded front shafts (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=9545)
$8 - Raminator Tires (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=9799)
$5 - Wrench for the shaft nuts (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8898)

Description: One of the items that all Micro T owners recommend is to go with threaded axles. Threaded axles allow you to more easily remove your wheels and tires so that you don’t have to mess around with the little C-clips. In all honesty, I think it is pretty easy to get the C-clips on and off. However, with the Raminator tires, that’s not the case anymore – and trust me, you WANT the Raminator tires. With regard to the threaded axles, you could always just buy a full set of threaded axles. However, you’ll probably just want the CV axles later anyhow so you might as well just spend the extra couple dollars now and get them (and is just a couple extra dollars!). This will create a more fluid rear axle setup with less friction. Additionally, you’ll have less grease points and it makes working on the rearend a bit easier. After much research, I chose the 3Racing CVs because they appear to be the ones that fit the best (with many of the others being too short). With regard to the tire upgrade, the Raminator tires are larger and wider. This does 3 main things –all of them good (depending on your standpoint). First, it gets your chassis off the ground a little bit. Although performance cars often operate better with their chassis pinned to the ground, I don’t drive my Micro T on pristine roads. It sees a wide variety of conditions – as most Micro Ts do. A little extra ground clearance is a plus. Second, since the tires are a greater circumference/diameter, your Micro T is now automatically faster. Woo! Third, the width of the tires gives your Micro T more stability. You won’t flip the vehicle as much as before. I have a set of the 3Racing wide rims/tires and I still love the Raminators.

Link to discussion on rear CVs: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Great post that shows the difference between the Raminator tires and stock DT tires: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Speed + Steering Precision + Reliability Upgrade (Total around $40 shipped)
$7 - Bearings (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=9523)
$15 - Aluminum Front Steering Knuckle (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8887)
$15 - Aluminum Rear Hubs (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8886)

Description: Bearings are a nice addition. You do not need to buy the 10-bearing kit. You only need the 8 bearing kit. The larger 2 bearings in the 10 bearing kit are for the transmission – and your stock transmission already has those bearings installed - and aluminum transmission cases already come with the bearings. With the bearings installed correctly, you’ll be able to spin your wheel and watch it spin for longer than it did before. Note that the rear bearings go in the rear suspension hubs. The front bearings actually go in the wheels. In this upgrade we also see my first recommendation of aluminum parts. Why use aluminum for these parts? The front part definitely needs it for improved steering response. The front plastic knuckles are a little too ‘flexy’. Additionally, if you decide to upgrade to the custom Du-Bro steering linkage (described later), you’ll definitely want aluminum knuckles to support the Du-Bro ball. With regard to the rear hubs, they aren’t 100% necessary. I like using the rear aluminum hubs because the rear hubs are what actually house the bearings. The rear aluminum hubs keep this area tight and the bearing fully captured over time.

Super Awesome article on tightening steering in a Micro T: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Suspension + Steering Upgrade ($ variable depending on path chosen)
This upgrade needs some discussion before posting parts. Long story short, almost every Micro T owner will have to replace the steering linkage. This is because the stock clear plastic flexible links that connect the steering block to the front knuckles will crack over time. Once these crack, you have to make a choice about what to do. You basically have 3 main choices (and combinations of these choices):

1) Stay stock-ish
2) Go with available adjustable turnbuckles
3) Make your own adjustable turnbuckles

To understand how this all works, you need to understand the parts on the vehicle –and this is very important. Long story short: The servo causes the steering block to move left or right via your input from the controller. Attached to the steering block on each end is a clear plastic steering linkage – one for the left and one for the right. These connect to the front knuckles. This is what causes the wheels to turn left or right. The front knuckles are held in place by c-hubs (the part connected to the a-arm, aka suspension arm). These c-hubs have a connection point for the camber linkage. The camber linkage is the long, flat, black plastic item that gets connected from the c-hub to the Micro’s body (front bulkhead). The length of the camber links are what determine your wheel’s camber; the tilt of the top of the wheel towards or away from the body of the vehicle. Micro T guys often refer to all of these parts - the 2 steering links and the 2 camber links - as ‘turnbuckles’ (even though they have different purposes).

So, what happens when you break one of the clear plastic steering linkages? Most people immediately buy the 3Racing adjustable turnbuckles (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=9113). For $11 they are a great buy (if they would never break). These replace the connection point of all the links mentioned above with a ball and socket joint (instead of a bolt through a hole). The result is a very nice setup that is fully adjustable and doesn’t have bind points like the stock setup. Additionally, you won’t break anymore of those clear plastic links because the parts don’t flex; rather, the ball and socket joint just moves as needed. Another nicety of the 3Racing links is that the center rod has different directions of threads on each side of the rod. So, to move your wheel out or in, you simply turn the adjuster in one direction while the link is still installed on the car. In any case, fast forward to installing these wonderful links on a fast Micro T. It is only a matter of time before you crash - and then you might break one of these new links. That $11 turns into $22 and then $33. The little steel threaded parts are very thin and brittle. They work flawlessly on machines where the driver never wrecks their car. But, to be honest, I actually enjoy driving super fast, wrecking, and seeing my Micro T do about 15 flips (lol). So, what do you do? Well, one option is to keep the clear, flexible steering links. They are cheap and readily available. Many individuals on the boards swear by using a section of a Zip-Tie. This works because it is flexible and very strong. Keeping stock-ish steering links allows you to then upgrade your camber links using one of the many aluminum ones that are available – in various lengths to give you the camber that you need. This is cheap, reliable, and strong.

Last, but not least, you can fabricate your own turnbuckles. This is the place where I have ended up. I wanted the non-binding setup of a ball and cup link while still having durability. The only option is to fabricate your own. You won’t have the nice on-vehicle adjustability as the 3Racing turnbuckles due to not have the reverse threads, but they will be much stronger. There are different methods of making your own turnbuckles. Almost all of them use the Du-Bro micro ball links. They are available under 2 different part numbers: DUB928 and DUB929. You can buy either one. The difference in the part number is due to a small gold linkage arm that you won’t use (one has a 0.047” hole and the other is a 0.032” hole). Here are links to the Du-Bro links:

The next thing that you will need is a tap in order to tap your aluminum front knuckle to accept the Du-Bro ball. The thread on the stud of the ball is 0-80. You need a 0-80 tap. Here is a link to a tap:

Last, but definitely not least, is that you need the threaded rod to hook two of the ball cups together. This is where people differ. To make it easy, use some 0-80 threaded rod. You can buy this in stainless from Amazon:

Here is tyhodge07’s post on creating adjustable turnbuckles. I don’t agree with the huge threaded rod because it makes assembly a lot more difficult than it has to be – and you really don’t need a rod that thick.

With regard to the rear camber links, they are readily available and function flawlessly. They are not located in an area where you will break them so there is no need to think about fabricating your own. You only want to buy these if you choose to stick with a stock-ish front suspension or if you decide to fabricate your own turnbuckles. This is because if you decide on an available turnbuckle set that you can buy (like the 3Racing), they come with the rear camber linkage. Here are the Atomic rear turnbuckles:

$6 - Rear Camber Linkage (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8460)

Note: Although I like Atomic parts, do not buy the Atomic Carbon Fiber steering links or the Atomic toe-in linkages. They just don't allow the suspension to really do it's job. Additionally, they too will break eventually. Link to more information: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reliability Upgrade (about $45 shipped)
$16 - Aluminum Transmission Case (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=10341)
$7 - Tamiya Shims (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/139954/n/Tamiya-3mm-Clutch-Shim-Set)
$17 - Motor mount Guard/Heatsink (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=9689)
$5 - Extra differential gear set (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=9269)

Description: With the increased power, and the increase in transmission stress coming with the next upgrade, you’ll need a stronger transmission case and be able to dissipate the heat of the motor a little bit better and to handle the gear meshing more reliably. The 2 best transmission cases (which are identical except for an inscription) appear to be the 3Racing case and the case made by The Toyz. I chose to run The Toyz case.

In order to set the transmission up properly, you will need shims in order to shim the differential. There is some serious misinformation about the shims (even by me in the past!). People are recommending the RC18 shims but do not use these. Buy the Tamiya shims. The Tamiya shims have not only the proper inner diameter but also the proper outer diameter. With regard to using the shims, basically you need to move the plastic side gears that go into the transmission bearings closer to the tiny brass gears in the center. If you don’t get these side gears close enough, then there is too much play and you will strip the side gear. I’ve stripped a side gear many times. The first time I stripped it with a stock transmission: too much power + too much stress. The second time I stripped the side gear due to not checking my transmission play after first setting up the new aluminum case. The rest of the times that I stripped it was because I was using the crappy RC18 shims. With The Toyz case and a new differential set, I use one 0.2mm Tamiya shim on each side.

I have added a spare differential gear set to this upgrade because nobody usually sets up the tranny correctly the first time. The motor guard / heatsink is not something that is necessary by any means. However, I have found that running this item has decreased the times I receive thermal shutdown. Additionally, this item as made by ‘Atomic’ is a true quality piece. I like that fact that it replaces 2 items on the Micro with one high quality item that offers more protection (both thermally and physically). Note that the shims linked above are a lot more than what you need. You only need the smaller shims, and probably only 2 at the most. You might be able to find just the smaller shims somewhere else for cheaper. I just wanted to order everything from one place.

When you hear a grindy/whiny noise when powering forward or reverse but the car just doesn’t have the power that it did before, then you probably stripped one of the side gears in the tranny. Post on what a stripped diff might sound like: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Disassembling, Cleaning, and Assembling your Tranny: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Review of 3Racing vs. TheToyz gearbox: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Picture of where the shim goes: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Power + Speed Upgrade (About $25 shipped)
$15 - Atomic BB motor II (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=10809)
Free - Larger pinion (the larger pinion came in your DT kit for free).
$7 - Integy 49T Spur gear (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8819)

Description: The ‘wow factor’ in increased further here in terms of speed/power. This is a very nice upgrade for $25. This is the second version of Atomic's upgraded motor and this one has dual ball bearings (one at each end of the motor shaft). At this point you will be as fast - and sometimes faster - than a brushless setup. Of course, not everyone wants flat-out speed. Some want torque and tire spinning power. If you want tire spinning wheely power, simply don’t buy the Integy Spur gear and don’t swap to the larger pinion. Instead, consider swapping to the smaller pinion (free in the kit) and buying a spur gear with more teeth (larger).
Breaking in your new motor: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reliability + Suspension Configuration Upgrade (About $25 shipped)
$10 - Aluminum Front Arm Mount / Pivot Block (http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/Atomic-TL007S-Micro-T-Aluminum-Front-Pivot-Block-Silver__13271.aspx)
$9 - Aluminum Rear Arm Mount / Pivot Block (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8627)
$10 Aluminum Front DT shock tower (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=11462)

Description: With regard to the pivot blocks, I can’t do better justice to this upgrade than ‘Micro-T Master’. There are spelling issues galore in his post, but here it is

With regard to the shock tower, it all depends on how much you crash and flip. I do it a lot. As such, I have cracked the little hole where the pin clip goes in the front shock tower. Then I cracked it again (lol). Given that the new plastic part is $4, it made sense for me to upgrade this part to aluminum (and there isn’t much to be gained by flexing this part or breaking it before other parts). This moves the weak point to the front bulkhead and that is AOK in my book.

Miscellaneous Stuff that you might need
$4 - Losi Replacement Screw set (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8681)
$2 - Losi black body clips (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8652)
$4 - Losi Arms, Towers, Knuckles and hubs (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=9048)
$4 - Losi DT Front Shock tower and skid plate (http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=9487)
Back to top Go down
Lcpl Woody
Admin
Admin
Lcpl Woody

PostSubject: Re: Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works   Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Other information you should know ....

Thermal Shutdown
When you are driving your Micro T and all of a sudden you cannot go forward or backward AND there is no motor/tranny noise AND your front steering still works - your Micro has gone into Thermal Shutdown. To reset the Micro, simply turn the power on the Micro off and then back on. However, it will probably just thermal shutdown again very quickly. I have found that thermal shutdown happens because of 1 main reason: too much load. This can happen for many reasons. Some of them are outlined below ...

1) The driveline is too tight. Can you use your fingers and spin the rear tires easily? There should be no binding and the tires should spin for a couple seconds after you flick them. Things that can cause your rear driveline to be too tight would be:

a) Rear wheels that have been put on too tight. Try loosening the rear wheels a little bit.
b) Aftermarket tranny (or stock tranny) too tight. Did you shim it? If so, you may need to use thinner shims or less shims. You should be able to hold the tranny in your hand and spin it freely. Can you hold the main drive axle tightly (that the spur gear attaches to) and flick the tranny and watch it rotate around and around 2 times? If not, its probably too tight.
c) Improper gear mesh. If your pinion is against the spur gear too tightly, the load will be dramatically higher. I like to listen to the mesh as well as to use a magnifying glass to look at it. You don't want it to be tight .... you simply want it to be enough.

2) Asking the car to do something crazy (and fun!). This could simply be that the motor is engaged full throttle but something is preventing the car from moving forward more. This could be because you are wedged somewhere. It could ALSO be because you are driving 30mph down the road and the car simply can't go any faster (the load is extremely high at these speeds due to what you are asking the micro to do).
Back to top Go down
kerbob
noob!
noob!

PostSubject: Re: Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works   Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 10:36 pm

What about transmitter and receiver? Mine glitches all the time. I don't see and recommendations for swapping it out. Can you make the OEM radio work well?
Back to top Go down
KennyG
noob!
noob!

PostSubject: Re: Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works   Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 5:10 pm

i know this is a fairly old thread but i recently upgraded to the steel diff inside. it came with what i would say .1mm shims. I put both shims in on both sides in the stock tranny case. there is still alot of play. I ended up burning up the planetary gears. any advice? that link for shims doesnt work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works   Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works Empty

Back to top Go down

Micro T:What a new Micro-T owner should know: Mods and what works
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
rcunited :: rc :: team losi-
Jump to: